Rock’s excellent recap of yesterday’s action leads us all to the next question: Who will you be rooting for come the Eastern Conference Finals? Yes, we all think that Detroit will tear Boston apart, but hoping for that to happen is another thing.
Each team has it’s pros and cons. Let’t take a quick look…
– Would provide a more exciting match-up than the dreaded Detroit/San Antonio
– Haven’t been to the Finals in a larger span of time than the Pistons
– Honestly, Kevin Garnett probably deserves a ring
– They’re not our main rivals
– Duh. They just beat us.
– They’re the favorites. Who doesn’t like a good upset?
– Boston. The last thing Boston deserves is another championship
– Bill Simmons columns in green font would not be out of the realm of possibility
– They’re not from Boston (that should be enough on its own, but…)
– The irony in the fact that they win after Chris Webber leaves
– Kind of like rooting for the Big Ten during non-conference games
– Could end the insufferable “League of Clutch” commercials
– Weren’t they just there?
– It would be a lot of fun to see them lose another conference final
– It would be like rooting for the Steelers in last season’s NFL playoffs
– Another possible round of that annoying home-court announcer
I’m sure there are plenty more. Leave them in the comments along with who, if anyone, you’ll be pulling for over the next two weeks.