- Plenty of teams will be rolling out new alternative road jerseys as well as commemorative patches for their new stadiums and such. The Tribe, however, will only be rocking a patch that memorializes the late, great pitcher/broadcaster Herb Score. Check it out to the right courtesy of Paul Lukas.
- Perusing the promotional giveaway schedule, a few things jump out…
Of course, those that attend opening day will get their requisite magnetic calendar. Those that attend later in the weekend may stumble upon one as well. And since it’ll likely be a bit brisk, Saturday’s game will feature free scarfs.
The team comes strong once again with a variety of bobbleheads. Kerry Wood gets the first nod (playing the odds that he’ll be healthy at the time of release), followed by Cliff Lee with a Cy Young award, Shin-Soo Choo (in eighties gear?), Ricky Vaughn (give ‘em the heater), ” Sufin” Grady Sizemore, Victor Martinez in some massive-looking catchers gear.
Rounding up the season, the team will be giving away a pretty cool blanket on September 12th that features all of the old logos.
- Why do I find it hard to believe that the “Hot Tickets” right now consist of April games against the Blue Jays and Royals?
- Want a Travis Hafner autographed ball? Then sign up for a credit card and make a “qualifying” purchase.
- We mentioned the NHL/Blue Jackets joining the St. Patrick’s day gear movement. I have to say that that makes a bit more sense than an Indians version of the same thing, being that the Blue Jackets are actually in season during St. Patrick’s day.
- And finally, want a free ticket to an Aeros game? Just enter your birth date over at the team site and they’ll ship you an email for your printing. Take it with you and get your ticket at the gate. Nothing wrong with free.
- Only four more days until “Hi Again, Ev’rybody.”