So in the end, this wasn’t too bad of a game right? Justin Masterson gave up four runs in six innings for his 15th loss of the season, while the Indians couldn’t muster enough late offense for the victory.
Bot 2nd: Kansas City
- B. Pena singled to shallow left, J. Francoeur scored
- I. Falu singled to shallow center, B. Pena scored, D. Lough to third, I. Falu out at second
Top 3rd: Cleveland
- M. Brantley singled to shallow center, A. Cabrera scored, C. Santana to second
Bot 3rd: Kansas City
- M. Moustakas hit sacrifice fly to right center, J. Dyson scored
Bot 5th: Kansas City
- M. Moustakas grounded out to second, I. Falu scored, J. Dyson to third, A. Escobar to second
Top 7th: Cleveland
- C. Santana singled to shallow center, E. Carrera and S. Choo scored
Bot 8th: Kansas City
- E. Hosmer hit sacrifice fly to left, M. Moustakas scored
- B. Pena doubled to left, J. Francoeur scored, B. Pena to third advancing on throw
Jacob Rosen is a long-time contributor to WaitingForNextYear. He's also a writer online at SportsAnalyticsBlog and Nylon Calculus . An Akron native, Jacob is a current MBA student at the University of Oregon's Warsaw Sports Marketing Center. You can follow him on Twitter @WFNYJacob or e-mail him at udjrosen(at)gmail(dot)com.