This time we’re taking a little break from the typical Cleveland sports podcast topics. I really wanted to spend some time talking to former WFNY weekender Denny Mayo about his recent accomplishment tackling an ultra-marathon, the historic JFK 50 miler. There’s some heavy running geekery going on to be sure, but as any of you who have read Denny know, he tends to make things interesting.
- The JFK 50 miler and its roots in history as it hits its 50th anniversary
- Pooping and the strategy around running for nearly 12 hours
- Soreness? You think you’ve had soreness? Try running 50 miles!
- Stride Nation at SBN
- The familial running community
- How did you get started running and how did you arrive at an ultra-marathon?
Fascinating stuff for me and I think even you non-runners will really enjoy it. You can find @Stride_Nation on Twitter as well.