Pro Football Talk says the Browns are going to “blow their chance at another top-five pick” in proclaiming that the Browns are currently the 22nd best team in the NFL.
Power rankings are for entertainment purposes only, of course, but it is at least a little bit of fun for Browns fans to see their team considered superior to others after pre-season punditry wondered if the Browns could even win a single game this year. So, who, exactly is it that the Browns are ranked ahead of right now?
Who are the unlucky ten?
23. Titans: The team that currently is in Houston gave the owner that used to be in Houston a double-barreled middle finger this season.
24. Lions: Why do they even try to do anything other than give the ball to Calvin Johnson? Oh, wait. They don’t.
25. Jets: Why do they even try?
26. Panthers: Here’s hoping the new G.M. gives Ron Rivera a fair chance to show he can get it done.
27. Cardinals: The passes made by Ryan Lindley are about as effective as the passes Audra Lindley used to make at Norman Fell.
28. Chargers: Speaking of Norman Fell, the guy who likes like him will soon be free to manage an apartment building in L.A.
29. Eagles: At some point, Andy Reid’s final year in Philly will make it impossible for another owner to sell him to a fan base as a viable coaching option.
30. Chiefs: Officially, we’re neutral. Unofficially, we’re Chiefs fans until further notice.
31. Jaguars: It’s time to slay the fatted calf in Jacksonville.
32. Raiders: Not-so-slowly but surely, Mark Davis is proving Mike Silver to be right.