You set out to talk to Jon about the Tribe and of course you end up talking about cable news networks, HGTV, being a new father and a whole host of other topics … in addition to also breaking down the Tribe, their acquisition of Nick Swisher and advanced baseball metrics.
Here’s what else we touched on:
- The business of sports related to the NBA
- National and international fans of sports as opposed to localized, team-first fans
- Regional sports cable networks and TV contracts for baseball
- How much do people pay for ESPN in their cable bill?
- The future of cable TV and how government regulation could change TV contracts for sports franchises
- Nick Swisher choosing Cleveland
- Cleveland replacing Shin-Soo Choo with Nick Swisher
- What were the Diamondbacks thinking?
- What were the Reds thinking?
- How effective is WAR and does it also transfer to teammates?
- Will Trevor Bauer make the Indians’ rotation out of spring training?