I didn’t quite know what to expect when I set about to talk to a Steelers blogger about the matchup this weekend between Thad Lewis’ Browns and the Pittsburgh Steelers. I ended up getting some really nice insight from a real pro who has vast knowledge of the league in general and the Steelers and AFC North in particular. He was quite objective as I think most at WFNY try to be with regard to the Browns. Although, I’m not sure that he and I will ever agree on James Harrison.
And I’m not sure if you want to listen to it due to topic, but Dave produces one of the best sounding and most professional podcasts I’ve heard. The Terrible Podcast.
Here’s what else we touched on:
- Mike Tomlin and how reactionary some Steelers fans can be
- Should the Browns put an asterisk next to the first victory over the Steelers?
- Some Steelers fans think the team should lose this game for draft status.
- Dave and Craig both hate the thought of losing games on purpose and think it’s stupid
- Is James Harrison a head hunter? Craig thinks yes. Dave thinks no. Both try to make rational points about their opinions.
- Who could be let go from the vaunted Steelers defense before next season?
- Mike Tomlin’s questionable in-game decisions and how similar some of them sound to Pat Shurmur
- The difference between winning and losing in the NFL
- Trap games and whether they truly exist ina league with parity
- Keys to the game and ultimately Dave’s prediction that the Steelers blow out Thad Lewis and the Browns
- Craig not being able to disagree with that assessment, unfortunately.
- Have the Browns packed it in with a lame duck head coach?
- Should Pat Shumur have another year?