Cleveland Indians prospect starting pitcher Trevor Bauer released a new rap song on Wednesday, titled “Gutter to the Grail: Cleveland Indians Original Track.” As opposed to his last release titled “You Don’t Know Me”, which was allegedly in regard to “haters” on Twitter, Bauer’s new cut is about his current teammates.
Teammates who are mentioned include:
- Michael Bourn and Michael Brantley (“are the truest”)
- Ubaldo Jiménez (“always cruisin’, gettin’ stupid, throwing cheddar”)
- Jason Kipnis and Asdrubal Cabrera (“Kip and Cabby amaze with the top ten plays”)
- Mark Reynolds (“hitting clean up” as a rhyme to “Cody Allen turn the heat up”)
- Justin Masterson (“Nasty Masty with the sink”)
- Joe Smith (“Smith, with a flick of his wrist”)
- Carlos Santana (“at the dish, whipping the hose out”)
- Chris Perez (“CP in the ninth, you know we gon’ close out”)
- Nick Swisher (“smoking pitchers like cigars”)
The hook—”From the gutter to the grail, we rise up to win it/Wahoos on first with our eyes on the pennent”—is, at the very least, a nice plug for one of Cleveland’s great local Tribe blogs.