Today I decided to talk to Rebecca Meiser who recently wrote a feature for SB Nation on Underwater Hockey.
Here’s Rebecca’s bio:
Rebecca Meiser is a freelance writer living in Cleveland. She’s won awards for sports writing, personality profiles, and investigative reporting. A graduate of Northwestern’s Medill School of Journalism, her long form stories have been featured in Cleveland Magazine, Tablet, Village Voice publications, and SB Nation. You can find her on twitter @rebeccameiser and on the web at rebeccameiser.com
Here’s a video of Roger Bacon playing underwater hockey in 2011.
- Underwater hockey with Roger Bacon
- Why hasn’t underwater hockey gone viral yet?
- A silent sport under the water
- Michigan State being a rivalry with Roger Bacon and the rivalry
- Underwater hockey as a recruiting tool for the high school
- The dynamics of a co-ed sport that limits verbal communication
- How did she come to write it for SB Nation?
- Long form pieces at SB Nation
- Paul Wittekund and his carrying on the tradition of underwater hockey
- What’s Becky’s relationship to sports, especially Cleveland sports
- Cleveland is starting an underwater hockey team
- Jewish athletes in sports