This turned out to be a wholly depressing podcast where Ben talked down the idea of bringing in Pau Gasol because there’s just no means to an end with what the Cavaliers have put together. At least that’s how it felt on January 6th, 2014.
- Ragging on Josh Flagner to start the podcast
- Is Andrew Bynum indicative of a larger NBA problem?
- Player movement and trying to control it
- Separating union conversations from pro sports financial conversations
- Ben doesn’t even want Pau Gasol
- What does Pau give the Cavaliers?
- How quickly will Pau Gasol be able to integrate into the team?
- If the Cavs were playing young, then the Cavaliers should compete for the playoffs
- Should Anthony Bennett play more?
- So now that the Cavs are a mess, what do you do?
- Bringing in Pau Gasol feels like chasing a bad poker pot
- The only player the Cavs could trade that would make another team act stupidly is Kyrie Irving
- The Wolf of Wall Street and what Ben didn’t like about it